Cork Education & Training Board will not use any personal information, in any other manner, except for the purpose it was provided e.g. your email address will be required if you submit a query using the contact form on the “Contact Us” page. Any such information volunteered will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Visitors to Cork ETB website
What are Cookies?
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Remember your settings during and between visits
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Continuously improve our website for you
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Website Function Cookies & Third party functions
- Persistent Cookies – used for Language settings
- Anonymous Analytics Cookies – Some of the cookies we use are called analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. This information is anonymous (i.e. it cannot be used to identify you and does not contain personal information such as your name and email address) and it is only used for statistical purposes.
• Videos (powered by YouTube and Vimeo)
• Google Maps
• Other embedded content
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content using a variety of social media tools, we have included sharing buttons on our site:
Cookies are set by:
• Google Plus
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of this site and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies in relation to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
How to exercise your data rights
You have the following rights:
• To enquire as to how we use, collect and process your data.
• To enquire as to how we use, collect and process your customer’s data.
• To receive a copy of your information.
• To have incomplete or inaccurate data amended and updated.
• To request to have your data deleted or to have the use of your information restricted.
• To exercise the right to data portability.
• To withdraw your consent at any time where the storing and processing of data is based on your consent.
• To lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner in relation to the collection and processing of your data.