The Cork College of FET The Glen Youthreach Centre is a programme of education and training and work experience for early school leavers provided in an out of school setting. Youthreach aims to develop the core skills needed for further learning and to prepare young people to progress to further education / training or to employment.
Youthreach is an integral part of the national programme of second-chance education and training in Ireland and is a central part of the Government’s contribution to the achievement of a lifelong learning society.
The focus is on the holistic development of the individual:
- Personal and social development and increased self-esteem
- A learning environment which is safe, structured and challenging; programmes must focus on independence and integration
- Flexibility (at all levels – management, relationships, curriculum)
- The promotion of independence, personal autonomy, active citizenship and a pattern of lifelong learning
- The promotion of social inclusion
What we offer:
- Alternative, full-time education
- Structure and support
- QQI Levels 2-4 courses**
- Training Allowance
- Small class size
- A Summer programme
- Work Experience
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity to make new friends
- The opportunity to gain confidence
**QQI is the Statutory awarding body for quality and qualifications Ireland in Ireland. In the Cork College of FET The Glen Youthreach Centre we offer a QQI Programmes. The QQI programme provides quality assured awards that are part of the National Framework of Qualifications from Levels 2-4.